Volyse Inc. (“Volyse”) specialized its services in pre-travel consultations and travel health assistance. More specifically, Volyse provides on-demand access to authorized physicians and to pharmacists (collectively “Healthcare Providers”) by secure text and video for telemedicine, telepharmacy and telehealth services.
2. Personal Information Collected
a) Personal Information Generally
We collect your Personal Information in several ways, including when you sign up on the App, when you complete your user account on the App, during a telemedicine or telepharmacy consultation with Healthcare Providers, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, when you access or use the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (i) Contact Information (such as your name, mail address, e-mail address and phone number); (ii) Demographic Data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); (iii) Insurance Data (such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan and related IDs); (iv) Medical Data (such as medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, family doctor information, list of medication and other medical and health information you choose to share with us); and (v) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us.
Your Personal Information may be contained in medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related records maintained by Healthcare Providers.
b) Billing, Collection and Payment Information
c) Information Automatically Collected
3. Use and Communication of your Personal Information
We take steps designed to ensure that only the employees who need access to your Personal Information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it.
We collect Personal Information when you use and interact with the Services. Such means of collection include:
· Registration: You do not have to register in order to browse our Website. However, in order to use our Services, you will need to register to create a user account and provide your Contact Information and a password that you select. You will also need to disclose your Medical Data to Healthcare Providers in order to enable them to provide appropriate services. We use your Personal Information to identify who you are, communicate with you, and otherwise administer your use of the Services. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create their own user accounts that allow access to our Services. Although individuals under the age of 18 may receive services by Healthcare Providers at their discretion using their parent or legal guardian’s user account and in the presence of that parent or legal guardian;
· Purchase a Subscription: If you choose to purchase a subscription to receive Services, we may collect your payment card information. This information is used to process and maintain your subscription;
· Quality of Care: If you receive services by our Healthcare Providers, your Medical Data may be used to improve the quality of our Services through the performance of quality reviews, training staff and students, for business management, quality improvement and similar activities. Your Medical Data may also similarly be used to create de-identified information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our Services;
· Job Applications: If you apply for a job at Volyse, you may provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities; and
· Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, service offerings, and our Services.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, and to advertise. Such use may include:
· Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
· Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
· Contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
· Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
· Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Services;
· Notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
· Sending you information about Volyse or our products or Services;
· Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
· Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts; and
· Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
· We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services;
· Provided that you choose to use the applicable Services, we may share your Personal Information with your Healthcare Providers to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other Healthcare Providers on your behalf or to perform analyses on potential health issues or treatments;
· We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers in the event of an emergency;
· We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and via our partners) to determine eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtain benefit plan information on your behalf;
· We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Volyse (whether in whole or in part); and
· We may disclose Personal Information to third parties as required or permitted by applicable law. Where a disclosure of our clients’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our client prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).We may also disclose Personal Information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
4. Retention of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will securely be kept in an encrypted database based in Canada.
Volyse has implemented various physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information under our control. However, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed and you must be aware that there is always a certain level of risk that the Personal Information you provide to us will be disclosed without your consent and without fault on the part of Volyse.
Volyse will maintain your Personal Information for as long as they are needed, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
5. Right to Access and Correct
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the Personal Pnformation that we hold, used or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, to make sure that the Personal Information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your Personal Information by mail or e-mail.
7. Contact us
If you have any concerns about our practices or policies, to make an access or correction request, to make a complaint, or to obtain information about our policies and practices with respect to any service providers outside Canada, our Privacy Officer can be reached by mail or email using the following contact information: